American Liver Foundation-Development Internship
(Minimum 12 hours per week – unpaid)
Founded in 1976, the American Liver Foundation (ALF) is the nation’s largest patient advocacy organization for people living with liver disease. ALF reaches more than 1.5 million people each year with health information, education and support services via its national office, 17 U.S. divisions and an active online presence. For more information about ALF, please visit www.liverfoundation.org.
Internship – An Opportunity to Learn and Do Good
The development internship is designed to provide students with the opportunity to learn about multiple aspects of fundraising. If you are considering a career in nonprofit development, this internship will give you exposure to the field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Some database and administrative experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Sense of humor and commitment to learning
- Willingness to volunteer 12 - 20 hours per week for a minimum of 16 weeks
Fundraising and Grant Support:
- Conduct research on prospective corporate foundation and individual donors.
- Develop grant proposals.
- Help collect information about work taking place in ALF’s 17 divisions and assist in the development of grant reports.
- Attend meetings and write debriefings from key donor visits to accurately maintain a donor history.
- Draft thank you letters and other correspondence in conjunction with Development team members.
- Help develop email blasts for key audiences.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- And more…