Financial Analyst II
The Office of Management and Finance, Business Operations is seeking to fill a Financial Analyst II vacancy.
This recruitment will remain open until 75 applications have been received or until the posted closing date, Monday, April 29, 2019, whichever comes first. Applications received after the 75 application limit has been reached will not be included in this recruitment process.
The Office of Management and Finance, Business Operations is a diverse workplace that encourages collaboration, creativity and innovation in solving problems. Business Operations strives to foster a positive work environment in which employees can grow professionally and contribute to the success of the organization.
The Financial Analyst II position is responsible for financial and management analysis related to the budget and operations of specific City funds. The Financial Analyst II's duties will vary from day to day, will range from routine to difficult and will be creatively challenging.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing, reporting, and monitoring various fund budgets of varying size and complexity.
- Developing rates for services that fully recover costs and align with the business processes of the funds.
- Monitoring net income from rates and work with managers on implementing any changes required.
- Developing financial plans for large capital projects and working with project managers to track cost and manage the finances of the projects.
- Conducting financial and organizational analysis.
- Preparing management reports with sound business recommendations.
The Financial Analyst II is both a leader and subject matter expert in Business Operations, providing lead work on projects. The position will not just analyze, but will work with managers and staff to implement financial decisions and business process improvements. A vital requirement of the position's role will require providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
Teresa Dahrens, Senior Recruiter
Bureau of Human Resources