Internship - Business Development
Caper builds smart shopping carts - powered by deep learning and computer vision - to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. Caper differentiates from technologies like Amazon Go by creating a plug-and-play solution that does not require store renovation, operational overhaul, heavy compute and endless image labeling & training; retailers can just buy the carts, and the entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure, and it is already actively being used in the market.
Caper is the fastest growing retail automation technology company and is backed by First Round Capital, Y Combinator, and top executives from Instacart, Plated, Albertsons and Walmart. E-commerce only accounts for 8% of total retail transaction volume, and Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
Senior executives come from top investment banking backgrounds, and would provide a great learning opportunity for the intern to grow professionally. The intern gets to work directly with Chief Executive Officer and Chief Business Officer to execute a range of duties across business functions.
- Build business presentations
- Conduct market research
- Build financial models for breakeven analysis and financial projections
- Create business structures around supply chain and store operations
- Refine pricing model
- Create project management timelines and execution plans
- Administrative duties, such as: scheduling and event planning
- 2+ years of internship experience, ideally in a finance or consulting
- PPT and Excel proficiency is a must
- Project management experience is preferred
- Great communicator and personable
- Bachelor's Degree and above
- Minimum 20 hours per week
- Share our vision!