Barclays 2020 Inside Track Summer Analyst
Barclays Operations Diversity Event
At Barclays, we're committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone's perspective is valued. Our Operations Inside Track is designed to engage and educate high-achieving, underrepresented candidates, including female, Black, Hispanic/Latino, Native American and LGBTQAI students, as well as military veterans and students with disabilities.
This event gives talented juniors the opportunity to secure an internship with a world-class financial institution before most of their peers. As a candidate, you'll experience a condensed version of networking, training, and exposure to senior speakers. The day will include interviews at our Whippany office. Successful candidates will receive an offer to join Barclays Investment Bank for a 2020 summer internship in Operations.
- Applications Open: August 5, 2019
- Interviews: Rolling Basis
- Application Deadline: August 23, 2019
- Program Date: September 17 – 18, 2019
In order to quality, you must:
- be a first semester junior
- be available for a summer internship in 2020.
2020 Barclays Operations Summer Internship Program
As a summer analyst, you’ll spend 10 weeks with our Whippany-based team, building a solid foundation in Operations and helping the Group deliver our strategy – in the right way. You’ll join either our Global Markets Operations group or our Cards and Payments team. During your internship, you may:
- perform KYC tasks while following standard procedures related to Client Due Diligence and AML policies
- monitor real time transaction flow, trade updates and exception queues to ensure timely and accurate trade representation across systems
- work on incident, problem and change management issues to improve services across the bank
- support continuous improvement of the operational process and the development of best practices; coming up with ways to improve systems and processes
- provide support for cleared derivatives, performing perform daily reconciliation of related fees
- undertake a range of complex customer and product related processing activities.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer and wholesale bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 83,500 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
To learn more about careers at Barclays, visit joinus.barclays
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website home.barclays