Engineer I - Comm Systems
Have you ever wanted to be part of something that truly matters?
Do you have a desire to help our Military?
Are you someone who takes pride in their work?
At General Dynamics Electric Boat - We deliver the advantage that protects Our Sailors, Our Families, and Our Freedom!
Applying for a position with General Dynamics Electric Boat means you are a purpose driven collaborator that will be devoted to our mission of providing the United States Navy with the most superior nuclear submarines in the world. We consider all highly motivated applicants that strive to reach their fullest potential. Joining our team means you become part of a 100 year legacy of dedicated Americans that have left their mark on the continued freedom of this great country. We welcome you the opportunity to leave yours!
General Dynamics Ethos & Corporate Responsibility
- Commitment to Ethics
- Commitment to Employees
- Supporting Service Members
- Supporting Communities
- Environmental Responsibility
The Payload Launch Control and Onboard Trainers Engineering department applies highly diversified skills to produce weapon and payload launching electronics for US Navy nuclear submarines. Leveraging the latest state-of-the-art technologies, Payload Launch Control systems are provided for Weapon Launch Control; Payload Launch Control; Weapons Shipping and Handling; and shipboard and land based trainers. Engineering opportunities range from initial system concept, requirements analysis/definition, design/development, hardware/software integration, system integration, test, delivery, customer interaction, and project management of these systems. For delivered submarines, engineering efforts extend to the analysis and resolution of fleet identified problems, assessment of obsolescence issues, and implementation of modernization programs.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer, Electrical, Systems Engineering, or equivalent technical degree
- Strong written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills
- 0-2 years of experience is required
- Experience relevant to job description including embedded control system design/analysis; systems architecture, design, and integration; test verification of hardware, software, and system requirements; and project management of complex systems
- US Navy experience involving the operation and maintenance of combat and weapons systems
Responsibilities may include
- Developing and integrating electronics hardware including procurement and manufacturing
- Developing system concept of operations
- Analyzing high-level requirements and documentation to define system and sub-subsystems requirements
- Collaborating with other electrical, mechanical, ship systems, ship control systems, and systems engineers to develop control logic and define interface requirements
- Selecting/developing interfacing sensors, actuators, and cabling
- Defining and managing system interfaces
- Leading development of system cabling or electronic hardware drawings
- Analyzing and modeling physical systems using simulation and model-based design software
- Integrating complex systems and components
- Designing, packaging, and troubleshooting of software enabled electronic circuits
- Validating system functionality through hardware and software development efforts
- Supporting shipboard integration, testing, and troubleshooting
- Developing system test and environmental qualification plans
- Developing/performing test procedures and automated software-based test scenarios
- Supporting system test verification activities
- Occasional travel required
Share on your newsfeed
Top 3 Reasons to Connect with Electric Boat
- Add Your Resume to Our Talent Pools
- Special Job Alerts
- Electric Boat News, Press Releases and Submarine Images