Engineer I - Electrical Power Distribution, Systems and Cableways
Have you ever wanted to be part of something that truly matters?
Do you have a desire to help our Military?
Are you someone who takes pride in their work?
At General Dynamics Electric Boat - We deliver the advantage that protects Our Sailors, Our Families, and Our Freedom!
Applying for a position with General Dynamics Electric Boat means you are a purpose driven collaborator that will be devoted to our mission of providing the United States Navy with the most superior nuclear submarines in the world. We consider all highly motivated applicants that strive to reach their fullest potential. Joining our team means you become part of a 100 year legacy of dedicated Americans that have left their mark on the continued freedom of this great country. We welcome you the opportunity to leave yours!
General Dynamics Ethos & Corporate Responsibility
- Commitment to Ethics
- Commitment to Employees
- Supporting Service Members
- Supporting Communities
- Environmental Responsibility
Opportunities are available in D429 for electrical power engineers, system engineers, and component engineers. Successful candidates will be joining a strong and experienced team of electrical engineers in an exciting and fast-paced environment focused on designing power distribution, reactor plant, steam plant, and electric plant systems and equipment for the new COLUMBIA Class submarines.
D429 offers a unique engineering opportunity to work in any of a wide variety of electrical engineering concentrations (power generation and distribution, steam plant and reactor plant instrumentation and control, digital hardware development, project management, etc.). D429 is comprised of a mix of experienced, mid-level, and entry-level engineers that focus on team building and knowledge sharing.
Successful candidates will be responsible for all aspects of their assigned system or component, which includes:
- Learning and understanding system/component operational needs
- Defining and meeting functional and detailed requirements
- Performing any required calculations and modeling
- Selecting standard components and subcomponents
- Overseeing development of system/component drawings
- Supporting development of associated documentation, including technical manuals, operating instructions, repair parts lists, preventative maintenance specifications, etc.
- Managing all system and component interfaces including electrical, structural, piping, and mechanical
- Supporting 3D model development and arrangement of systems and components
- Overseeing subcontractor designs, manufacturing, testing, and qualification
- Obtaining customer approval of designs and requirements via formal correspondence
D429 also supports the ongoing construction and testing of the S6G Moored Training Ship Class at Norfolk Naval Shipyard by assisting in the resolution of construction issues and test failures as they arise.
Ideal candidates for D429 possess a diverse knowledge of electrical engineering concepts, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a strong drive to meet system and component requirements on schedule and under budget with a focus on achieving the highest quality.
This is your opportunity to contribute to the design and construction of the next generation of submarines.
Some overtime and travel may be required.
- BS Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree
- Less than 2 years of relevant experience
Share on your newsfeed
Top 3 Reasons to Connect with Electric Boat
- Add Your Resume to Our Talent Pools
- Special Job Alerts
- Electric Boat News, Press Releases and Submarine Images