Political Intern – Fall 2019
Emerge Connecticut is an organization that helps recruit, train, and support Democratic women in running for office. Perfect for students who see greater gender balance in US politics as a way to address the serious problems we’re facing.
TO APPLY: apply through Handshake with your approved resume and a one-page cover letter detailing your interest in Emerge Connecticut, your availability, and start/end dates, addressed to Maya Gomberg. There will be an interview process. NOTE: applications reviewed on a rolling basis.
If you are enthusiastic about the advancement of women in politics, then this is the internship for you!
The Emerge CT Internship includes Communications work, Fundraising work, and Administrative tasks. Interns will also have the opportunity to attend at least 2 of Emerge CT’s trainings.
- Communications: Help expand and maintain the online presence of Emerge Connecticut (including Facebook, Twitter, and the website); draft emails and create press releases, etc.; design graphics to communicate our message.
- Fundraising: Research potential donors and grant opportunities and prepare related materials; assist with event management and coordination of fundraising events; assist with budget planning for the 2020 fiscal program year; assist with call time.
- Administration: Acquire and organize materials and files; data entry and database management on MyNGP.
Through this internship, you will learn database skills, graphic design/media skills, and communications skills. You will have the opportunity to send out mass emails and analyze the results, and see the inner workings of a Democratic non-profit organization!
- Passionate about the advancement of women in politics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with fundraising, social media, event planning, political organizing, and/or training is a plus