Business Development Associate (Sales)
BUILTWORLDS IS A COMMUNITY AND NETWORK. We believe in innovation through collaboration, to push the built industry forward. The built world is powered by our oldest industry — one that is slow to move and slow to change. With every connection we make and every event we hold, we've seen the value of starting conversations and bringing people together, first hand. Through our events, ecosystem, and supporting video and written content, BuiltWorlds is providing the tools, knowledge, inspiration, and connections to grow careers, companies, and the industry.
We are looking for rock star interns who are hard working, high-energy, enthusiasts, ready to roll up their sleeves and learn from veterans what it is like to be part of a successful startup. The Intern(s) will work under the direction of experienced operational, sales and marketing leads on various projects. We are looking for someone to start ASAP and it is possible that the internship could be extended, to full-time employment.
Business Development Associate (Sales) - Summary/Objective:
The BuiltWorlds Sales Representative will assist in the creation and building of client relationships. This role will also be charged with developing and facilitating the proposal process for specific clients/sponsors including budget and pricing development, proposal writing, contract negotiations and client presentations. This includes going to events, and helping foster current relationships in place.
Essential Functions: (Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.)
- Present, promote and sell products/services using solid arguments to existing and prospective customers
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their needs
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Reach out to customer leads through cold calling
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential, track sales and status reports
- Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends
- Continuously improve through feedback
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Education and Experience:
- Proven work experience as a sales representative
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with BRM and CRM practices along with ability to build productive business professional relationships
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- BS/BA degree or equivalent from an accredited college/university
- “Built Environment” Industry Knowledge (preferred)
This job operates in a fast paced start-up office environment
A fun and casual office environment in downtown Chicago’s West Loop
You will be asked to provide your own computer and phone
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but must be available during the “core” work hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Attendance at BuiltWorlds events/shows and networking events will also be expected.
Up to 20% Travel is possible