Please review and apply through USAJOBS announcement: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550832500
GS-05 to GS-07 Salary Range: $37,955 to $61,122 per year
About the Position: Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Pathways Recent Graduates Program. After Program completion, Department of the Army Recent Graduates MAY be converted to a permanent position or to a term position (a project-based term of employment lasting between one and four years).
Responsibilities: Serve in a developmental position as a Cost Analyst responsible for analyzing and evaluating cost relating to the lifecycle development, acquisition, deployment, and operation of the complex and technologically advanced Chemical/Biological/Radiological related systems. Serves as project contact and focal point for system peculiar cost analysis/cost estimating functions. Interprets for the Project Manager's (PM) staff guidance on the consideration and applications of cost analysis/cost estimating for the project management processes, and aids implementation of applications for cost analysis/cost estimating. Creates or categorizes financial activities, including the integration of information from Program and Objective Memorandum (POM) Budget information, and helps to determine proper amounts for this process from estimates. Reviews, analyzes, and interprets regulations, directives, and instructions relating to JPEO-CBRND and organizational cost analysis/cost estimating functions and special reporting requirements.
Who May Apply: Positions are open to:
- Recent graduates who have completed, within the previous two years, a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution. Short-term training programs (e.g. several two-week programs completed) are not considered an academic course of study.
- Preference eligible veterans who were precluded from applying due to their military service obligation begin their two-year eligibility period upon release or discharge from active duty. Eligibility for these veterans cannot exceed six years after degree or certificate completion.
Applicants can be selected at either the GS-05 or GS-07 grade level. The target grade of this position is GS-12. Target Grade GS-12 Salary Range: $83,398 to $108,422 per year
After Program completion, Department of the Army Recent Graduates MAY be converted to a permanent position or to a term position (a project-based term of employment lasting between one and four years).
To be eligible for conversion to a permanent or term position, Recent Graduates must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Successfully complete all the requirements of the Recent Graduate Program as defined in the Agency Participant Agreement.
- Demonstrate successful job performance.
- Meet the Office of Personnel Management qualification standard including any applicable positive education requirements and/or selection placement factors and any other designated special qualifications requirements and conditions of employment (e.g. medical standards) appropriate for the position to which being converted.
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as:
GS-05 (1) Maintaining an automated system tracking the costs of line items, obligations and expenditures of a budget. (2) Extracting budgetary information to generate various types of reports, forms and accounting records.; This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service GS-04.
GS-07 (1) Monitors object class and line item obligations against expenditures to ensure accuracy (2) Identifies discrepancies within cost estimates and recommends corrective action. (3) Maintains financial records and develops information papers for cost reports and variance of standards. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service GS-05.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Educational Experience (ACWA)
- Mathematical Skills (ACWA)
- Rating (ACWA)
- Social Organizations (ACWA)
- Work Experience (ACWA)
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 11/12/2019 to receive consideration.