Political Advertising Fellowship, Summer-Fall 2020
Please complete your application before January 17, 2020.
We will review complete applications beginning in late January 2020 and will reach out to candidates on a rolling basis from February through April 2020. We appreciate your patience while we consider your application.
Due to business needs, we are prioritizing candidates that are available to complete the full fellowship from June through November 2020. Individuals applying for this position will not be eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Currently in the third year of a full-time Bachelor's degree program in the United States.
- Experience working with or buying online media, as well as a basic understanding of Google advertising products.
- Experience working on political campaigns at the state or national level.
- Strong computer application skills, including word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Excellent creative writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to complete the full time fellowship from June 2020 to November 2020.
About the job
No team is closer to the nexus of politics, technology and advertising than Google’s Elections team. Working directly with campaigns and their digital consultants, we help campaigns to raise funds and to persuade and mobilize supporters through online advertising. The use of online advertising in political campaigns is growing exponentially – and our team is excited to be able to provide the best possible solutions to our clients. Focusing on Search, Display, YouTube, and Programmatic advertising, we help bring Google's advertising tools to political campaigns on both sides of the aisle – as well as to Super PACs.
As part of the Google Political Advertising Program, you’ll work on a full-time, paid assignment from June - November 2020 alongside the Google Elections team in Washington, D.C. You’ll be responsible for designing online advertising strategies and implementing the tactics that will mean the difference between victory and defeat for many candidates. And you’ll learn the skills needed to support our clients’ accounts and goals.
Our Large Customer Sales teams partner closely with many of the world’s biggest advertisers and agencies to develop digital solutions that build strong businesses and brands. We enjoy a bird’s eye view on the massive transformation occurring as advertising shifts to mobile and online platforms. We're uniquely situated to help shape how companies grow their businesses in the digital age. We advise clients on Google's broad range of products across search, video and mobile to help them connect instantly and seamlessly with their audiences.
- Work side-by-side with the Google Elections account support team, assisting with everything from day-to-day involvement in the details of client accounts to participating in strategic discussions to help our clients achieve their goals.
- Develop client proposals and presentations.
- Execute projects involving quantitative analysis, industry research and strategy development.