2020 Summer Intern - Marketing Analyst, US
2020 Summer Internship – Marketing Analyst, US
Positions are located in Austin, TX, Newport Beach, CA
Marketing partners with client management, product strategy, executive office and other areas of the business to develop client servicing, marketing, educational content and campaigns for institutional and retail audiences.
Marketing analysts contribute to the strategic design and development of content and programs to develop marketing programs that consistently reflect PIMCO’s brand and client service standards. The marketing summer analyst will be expected to collect and analyze marketing data sets to better understand client behavior and preferences as well as the efficacy of marketing activity.
Career Development, Training and Mentoring
Every intern begins their summer with a week of training. The PIMCO Fundamentals training program will provide you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you to succeed in your internship. Your informal training will continue throughout the summer at PIMCO – everyday, in a perpetual learning environment. In addition, you will be teamed with a seasoned professional who offers guidance and mentorship throughout the internship.
Summer Internship Program Details:
- Starts in early June, 10 weeks in length
- Week 1 consists of PIMCO Fundamentals training at our Newport Beach headquarters
- Cross-divisional education, networking & social events
- Opportunity to participate in PIMCO's Global Month of Volunteering
- Formal mentorship program
- Formal reviews/feedback at mid-summer and end-of-program
Beyond the Internship:
- The intention of our summer internship program is to extend full-time offers to successful interns.
- PIMCO Early Career Development Program is for junior employees at the Analyst, Associate and new MBA levels. The program’s objective is to develop top talent with a focus on career development, mobility and employee engagement.
Application & Interview Process:
- We will review summer internship applications and conduct interviews on a rolling basis. We encourage that you apply as early as possible as job postings will close as positions are filled.
- Submit your resume, cover letter & unofficial transcript through the PIMCO Careers Portal at www.Pimco.com/careers.
- Candidates who are selected during resume review will be asked to complete a video interview, which will be reviewed by the hiring team. Those selected following this stage will be asked to attend an onsite interview at one of our US office locations.
PIMCO is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive, cognitively diverse environment.
For more information on PIMCO and Career Opportunities, please visit www.pimco.com/careers
- Undergraduates with an expected graduation date of Dec 2020 – June 2021
- Minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average, on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent, at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Fluent in English (speaking, reading, writing)
Positions are located in Austin, TX, Newport Beach, CA, and New York, NY.
Desired candidates should possess the following skills and characteristics:
- Proficiency in collecting and analyzing marketing data.
- Strong interest in marketing and the financial markets, macroeconomics, and investment finance. Finance/capital markets coursework is recommended.
- Ability to articulate ideas/strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing
- A demonstrated commitment to quality and attention to detail; ensure that work is delivered completely, accurately and on time
- Personable, ability to develop client relationships into strategic partnerships
- Ethical, collaborative, organized, flexible, high energy, self-starter, accountable, humble
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Adobe suite; programming skills (i.e. SQL) are a plus