2020 Summer Student Associate Program - Cyber Security
The Threat Discovery Intern will be responsible for day to day hunting of anomalous behavior seen in the MSG environment, escalating if the intern determines additional investigations are needed. The intern will also be responsible for escalating and crafting intelligence from MSG’s internal data, mitigating threats identified, and assisting in rapid-response events pertinent to MSG.
Specific Functions/Activities SUMMARY:
· Implement best practices and standardized tooling that will improve MSG’s IT team’s visibility into information security risks, MSG-targeted campaigns, and opportunistic threat actors.
· Identify potential security threats through large datasets to determine at-risk employees and/or assets.
· Leverage OSINT to monitor and escalate exploits or vulnerabilities that could affect MSG employees.
· Monitor for vulnerabilities exposed in the wild that could affect MSG internally.
· Will work alongside Application Security, Architecture and Incident Response to identify the highest priority concerns among them, creating strategic reporting for IT dissemination.
· Assist in threat modeling for various applications and networks within MSG.
· Work with network engineers to mitigate threats at the MSG’s perimeter.
· You are a curious investigator that dives into data, maybe concluding more questions than answers.
· You are a rapid responder who can write clear reports swiftly for senior management and at-large dissemination.
· You are a communicative, self-motivated team player that will take extra steps to make sure events are remediated and properly educated to teams.
· Experience with working with both structured and unstructured datasets preferred.
· Experience with SQL, Python, Go, Ruby and/or basic shell scripts preferred.
· Experience with working in Cloud datasets preferred.
The Threat Discovery Intern will report to the Threat Hunter, under the Information Security Office.