JCCP - Community-Based Interns (Federal Work-Study Only)
Apply to this posting on Handshake and complete the JCCP Employment Registration Form to be considered.
Please note that although work-study status is considered for this position, it is not required. Everyone is welcome to apply despite their work-study status.
The Jewett Center for Community Partnerships is looking to hire students to work directly with local community organizations and groups. Some of these groups might include:
- Middletown Family Learning (Even Start)
- The Buttonwood Tree
- Oddfellows Playhouse
More information about each of these programs is available here: https://www.wesleyan.edu/jccp/get-involved/workstudy-positions.html
The Jewett Center for Community Partnerships is the home of community engagement at Wesleyan University. Guided by the principles of mutual respect and collective responsibility, the JCCP focuses on developing and maintaining local partnerships with schools, nonprofit organizations, government agencies and the community at large through the Office of Community Service and Volunteerism, the Center for Prison Education, and WESU 88.1FM. Students in this position would be furthering our mission, gathering data on our programs and initiatives, and assisting with our general operation.
Community-Based Interns will:
- Support our community-based programs (non-literacy/tutoring) and meet individual program expectations;
- Provide our office with weekly reflections and feedback,
- Attend required training sessions and meetings; and
- Assist the JCCP with weekly administrative duties, as assigned.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Must have strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- A willingness to learn
5-10 hours/week; Hours may vary depending on the position.
Evaluations vary by the individual student group and will be shared upon hire.
Supervisor(s): Diana Martinez & Ying-Fei Chen
Contact Email: email@example.com
To complete your application and be considered for this role, apply to this posting on Handshake and complete the JCCP Employment Registration Form.