Coro Fellowship in Public Affairs
The Coro Fellows Program is a nine-month, full-time, graduate-level program that prepares early career professionals to be effective and ethical leaders able to work across differences to serve the common good. Fellows gain real job experience on project assignments in a variety of sectors: government, business, political campaigns, and nonprofit organizations. Utilizing the city as a classroom, Coro Fellows gain hands-on experience to better understand complex public issues, organizations, and people. In weekly seminars, the twelve Fellows develop high-level skills in self-awareness, group dynamics, critical thinking and decision-making. Fellows also benefit from a national alumni network of over 10,000 whose members include influential leaders from all sectors.
Gain cross-sector job experience through four project assignments in businesses, non-profit organizations, government agencies, and political campaigns.
Meet and connect with hundreds of leaders and change makers across sectors to get first-hand understanding of complex issues, organizations, and people
Hone 21st century leadership skills in 40+ seminars focusing on self-governance and time & project management, team dynamics, critical thinking, and decision making.
- Discover the power to make positive change through leadership in the private, non-profit, and public sectors.
Qualifications for the Fellowship:
- A bachelor's degree
- A passion for civic engagement
- An exceptionally strong work ethic
- A desire to work within the diverse communities of Southwestern PA
- Excellent relationship-building skills and ability to work effectively in team-based environments