Iowa State Trooper (Counties Across Iowa)
As peace officers with statewide jurisdiction, the primary job responsibility of a Trooper is enforcement of motor vehicle laws.
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Enforces traffic laws to promote safety, reduce accidents and expedite traffic flow.
• Administers medical aid to preserve life, alleviate suffering, minimize injuries, and prepare for transportation to medical facility.
• Responds to and control civil disorders, disturbances, and riots, restoring order, and protecting individuals and property.
• Relays specimens, vital organs, evidence, personnel, etc. in emergency situations.
• Prepares and testifies in court to present the facts surrounding any civil, criminal or departmental action.
• Determines severity, causation factor(s) of accidents by obtaining documenting evidence, conducting interviews and taking appropriate photographs.
• Provides around-the-clock service to the public and other law enforcement agencies.
A complete list of job responsibilities can be found at: http://www.dps.state.ia.us/jobs/