Residential Assistant - Montville Program
Do you want to work for a Top Workplace? Reliance Health has been named amongst the Top 3 midsize Workplaces in Connecticut, by the Hartford Courant since 2011.
Reliance Health, Inc. is a private 501(c)(3) nonprofit with the mission to enhance health through mental wellness. We provide tools and resources for over 950 individuals to move forward in their lives. The dedication and passion of our 250 plus employee allows each one of our over 30 programs to focus on positive relationships and mental wellness as we believe healthy living starts with your mind. Since 1976, our programs have assisted adults find and preserve stable housing, advance educational goals, gain experience, develop social networks, maintain employment, and advance day-to-day life skills within Eastern Connecticut. For every individual we serve, there is a positive impact on many. Healthy adults create stronger families. Stronger families empower each other to thrive and become engaged citizens. Stronger communities are built based on mental wellness.
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package we also offer flexible schedules, educational growth opportunities, Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program, peer recognition programs, a casual dress code, Agency events, retreats, and family first philosophy.
We are seeking dedicated professionals to staff our quality programs.
Residential Assistant - Montville - $16.25/Hr
Closing Date: 7/04/2022
FT 30 Hr/wk Provides 24/7 support to program participants at their level of need in a secure, environment promoting self-esteem, and self-sufficiency, while helping them grow and achieve their person-reach residential goals. Responsibilities include: goal planning, medication cueing, and activities promoting skill development to enhance and maintain healthy living (examples include cooking, menu planning, grocery shopping, menu planning, making and keeping important appointments, budgeting, and social skill development). Documentation of services in the Electronic Medical Records System (EMRS). CNA/HHA/PCA/PCT preferred.
Hours: Wed, Thurs, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm; Fri, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm; Sat, 11:00 am - 7:00 pm
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Engages and supports program participants with participation in residential, recovery-oriented activities, recreational, social, and community events
· Teaches skills that support members with daily living skills, and meeting daily living needs including shopping, laundry, housekeeping, transportation, etc.
· Implements designated goal activities in coordination with the Service Coordinator or Director/Coordinator
· Provides crisis intervention supports
· Conducts light: housekeeping, disinfecting, yard maintenance, and snow removal on sidewalks and emergency exits
· Provides emotional support to program participants
· Monitors program participant’s physical and mental health and reports relevant information to the Service Coordinator or Director/Coordinator
· Documents interactions in the Program’s Communication Log
· Monitors and reports program participant’s compliance to their conditional release order when applicable
· Provides coverage as needed at any of the Agency sites per Agency need
· Engages in continuous concerted efforts to access, obtain, respond to pertinent Agency information/communications, and disseminates as appropriate
· Provides working conditions that maximize safety for staff and program participants
· Maintains CPR/FA Certification
· Other responsibilities of Reliance Health staff, includes participation in Agency events, adhering to Agency Policies and procedures, training requirements, etc.
· Perform duties while demonstrating Agency Core Competencies and Values
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in the provision of mental health services preferred
- Valid CT Driver’s License, vehicle registration and insurance
· Good driving record
We offer an excellent benefit package, competitive wages and loan repayment program. EOE/M/F/D/V Bi-lingual preferred. AA. We are committed to fostering diversity in the workplace.