Report Processing Clerk
Office Specialist 1 – Report Processing Clerk
Oregon Department of Transportation
Driver and Motor Vehicle Services Division (DMV) - Headquarters
Customer Service Group/Drivers and Crash Reporting Unit
We’re hiring for multiple report processing clerks! In this role, you will process accident reports, perform data entry work and review documents. If you have excellent attention to detail and use policies, procedures and guidelines to make decisions, then apply today!
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for our positions and hope you will join us on our path to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are an agency that embraces social equity through our values, strategic planning, and actions. Leaning into our equity priorities means we continually examine what we do, the impact we have, and our progress toward weaving social equity into who we are. To learn more about our social equity commitments, visit our Social Equity website.
A day in the life:
- Review and compile matching police reports and accident report forms.
- Review documentation for completion and determine if the accident is reportable.
- Use the driver records database to find missing information.
- Create insurance verification forms to send to insurance companies.
- Update internal database with traffic accident report information.
- File accident reports after processing.
- Assist in training other staff, answer the telephone and provide backup support.
- Work is performed in a typical office environment and requires frequent uninterrupted sitting and lifting up to 30 pounds.
- To request a copy of the position description, which includes all duties and working conditions, please email ODOTRecruitment@odot.oregon.gov.
What’s in it for you:
- Work/life balance, 11 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Click here to learn about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
- Live, work and play in Salem, Oregon!
What we need:
One (1) year of general clerical experience which included typing, word processing, or other generation of documents;
Completion of courses or training in office technology;
An equivalent combination of training and experience.
What we’d like to see:
If you have these qualities, let us know! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward!
Note: You do not need to have all of these qualities to be eligible for this position.
- Experience with repetitive work such as filing, stapling, and transporting, copying and scanning paper documents.
- Excellent attention to detail and experience producing high quality work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills and a willingness to learn internal computer software programs.
- Organization and time management skills.
Learn more and apply:
This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, July 5, 2022.
Please note that we can only accept applications through our website.
Questions? Call 503-910-6372 or email ODOTRecruitmentCC@odot.oregon.gov.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer