2018 Summer Internship - Consulting Group
2018 Summer Internship - Consulting Group
Founded in 2002, Insight Strategy Advisors is a boutique management and strategy consulting firm specializing in healthcare and the life sciences, with a particular emphasis in Market Access, Pricing, and Reimbursement. At ISA, we take on some of the most difficult problems facing our clients and support our clients’ market access, pricing and key commercialization decisions. As a result, we create and deliver novel, and highly impactful, solutions for our clients’ most difficult business challenges.
· Have a keen interest in applying academic and experiential learnings to build business acumen regarding the marketplace dynamics affecting the healthcare industry (example: the role of government regulatory policy, marketing practices, formulary decision making, etc.).
· Demonstrated ability to rise above challenges to achieve success (examples could be in the realm of academic, sports-related, or real-life experience)
· Self-awareness of both strengths and areas for growth and development
· Ability to work with others, balanced with an ability to work independently, to achieve an outcome. (example: experience on a project team, contributing individual skills/capabilities as part of a larger initiative)
· Willingness to openly solicit, receive and give feedback among team members, project managers and others who are stakeholders in the success of a project.
· Have very good qualitative and quantitative analytical skills. Ability to use statistical software or advanced analytics knowledge is a plus.
· Possess strong organizational skills and an ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple simultaneous workstreams.
· Be proficient in Excel and PowerPoint with exceptional attention to detail (no typos, math errors, etc.)
· Must be sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel
· Be authorized to work in the United States.
· 2018 Summer Intern: Completing current degree program by May/June 2019 (current juniors or Master’s students) and able to commit to at least 8 weeks of full-time employment over the summer.
Note, core responsibilities are representative and may vary slightly between Analyst, Senior Analyst and Intern
· Engaging with a project team and its leader to learn quickly and understand project outcomes, work plan & milestones, individual expectations, and the roles, responsibilities, and accountabilities pertinent to the project.
· Managing the data collection process from internal and external (primary and secondary) data sources relevant to key strategic questions posed by ISA clients
· Becoming a “knowledge expert” by thoroughly evaluating the challenges and opportunities associated with the interpretation of primary and secondary data.
· Demonstrating a high level of curiosity and resourcefulness in the ability to identify new ways of obtaining and analyzing market data.
· Synthesizing, analyzing, and presenting primary and secondary market research to support client deliverables. When appropriate, take the lead in a meeting to present primary research.
· Finding meaning in the knowledge/data that is not readily apparent – the ability to ask the “next question” and discover answers beyond the obvious.
· Ensuring the development of near client-ready deliverables (discussion guides, presentation decks, etc.) with appropriate manager/team guidance; contributing to the development of the final product.
· Communicating internally and externally, as appropriate or as requested, regarding project updates, critical issues (e.g., resource constraints, timelines, milestones), new insights, and questions to clarify and maintain alignment of work with client needs.
· Collaborating effectively with a project team, and being open to new perspectives, while advocating one’s viewpoint, appreciating the thinking of the group, and demonstrating and ability to align on an agreed solution.
· Managing multiple workstreams across different projects, and, as skills grow, leveraging new skills in diverse project situations.
ISA Employee Value Proposition
ISA PROMISES to be a community of committed problem solvers, empowering professional development through apprenticeship and the 7 ISA Promises. We work at the frontier of creating market access opportunities through innovative and often transformative strategic thinking.
Through these 7 ISA Promises, we commit to creating an environment where all ISA team members will…
- inspire respect from clients, colleagues and stakeholders through depth of market access insights and expertise
- be given opportunities to work side by side with senior ISA leaders
- be an active contributor in shaping the future direction of the enterprise
- collaborate with driven, talented and compassionate people
- become an articulate & confident communicator and an effective & trusted advisor
- learn how to best engage, manage, and lead a diverse team
- apply scientific insights and business acumen to challenging healthcare problems
Thank you for your interest in Insight Strategy Advisors, and we look forward to reviewing your application!