OSA Administrative Support Associate at EPA
The EPA Environmental Research and Business Support Program has an immediate opening for an OSA Administrative Support Associate with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA Ronald Reagan Building facility in Washington, DC.
The U.S. EPA Office of Research and Development’s (ORD’s) Office of the Science Advisor (OSA) provides leadership for cross-Agency science and science policy development and implementation to ensure the best possible use of science at the Agency to protect human health and the environment. OSA has one position open to assist with the multiple functions of OSA by supporting various internal office initiatives/projects.
The selected candidate shall assist the OSA Director and Deputy Director with the logistical, analytical and administrative duties required to support and maintain OSA.
Management and Administrative responsibilities will include:
- Researching and analyzing, synthesizing and developing conclusions from scientific and technical information, and present findings to OSA management.
- Preparing, formatting, and assisting in the distribution of technical letters, memorandums, and other documents.
- Performing technical editing on products to ensure quality.
- Assisting with meeting planning and logistics, including providing assistance in preparing talking points for speakers, creating PowerPoint presentations and assisting room reservations and setup.
- Assisting OSA management through organization of calendars and materials for meetings.
- Assisting OSA management in tracking assignments and ensuring that work is completed in a timely and high quality manner.
- Maintaining records of correspondence, action documents, and maintain a system to track deliverables and projects in progress.
- Professionally interacting with all levels of Agency personnel as needed.
- Performing other tasks as required to accomplish office objectives.
Communications-related responsibilities vary, but may include:
- Assisting with the logistics and coordination activities for briefings, meetings, workshops, and other collaborative efforts.
- Assisting the team in the development of oral presentations results and impacts using graphics and other interactive formats.
- Preparing communication related materials, including brochures, fact sheets, and materials for postings on the web.
Location: This job will be located at EPA’s Ronald Reagan Building facility in Washington, DC.
Salary: Selected applicants will become temporary employees of ORAU and will receive an hourly wage of $22.13 for hours worked.
Travel: Local travel may be required.
Expected Start Date: The position is full time and expected to begin October 2017. The initial project is through May 14, 2018, followed by up to two (2) 12-month optional periods.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age and
- Have earned a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, communications or a related field from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months and
- Be a citizen of the United States of America or a Legal Permanent Resident.
EPA ORD employees, their spouses, and children are not eligible to participate in this program.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Work Experience, and Education
The applicant shall have:
- Experience in environmental protection and environmental health.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience working in teams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and experience using any graphics software.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment driven by multiple deadlines and changing schedules.
- Initiative to handle and complete tasks and carry assignments to completion.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Experience translating complex scientific information for a lay audience, as evidenced by a writing sample.